Eathel Mendenhall 2nd
Place Winter 2014
AAWA provides opportunities for active members to participate in juried exhibitions. We currently have three juried exhibits planned, and these will be hosted by the venues listed below. Prospectuses will also be linked below as they become available. For questions, contact AAWA’s Juried Exhibit Committee Co-Chairs, Lynn Schaffer and Tina Hotchkiss (contact information found in directory).
Upcoming Juried Exhibits
- Winter/Spring 2017 – Ypsilanti District Library
- Summer 2017 – Riverside Arts Center, Ypsilanti, MI – Prospectus
How and Where to Enter a Juried Exhibit
- Click ‘Log In To Your AAWA Member Dashboard’ at upper right of website.
- Upon login, you’ll be taken to your Personal Dashboard.
- In the left column of your Dashboard, click ‘Enter Juried Exhibits.’
- The ‘Enter Juried Exhibits’ page will open on the right side of your Dashboard.
- Please read and follow the instructions at the top of the page.
- Also open and read the detailed guide before starting the entry process.
- Then follow through with steps 1-3 to complete your entry.
JURIED EXHIBIT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Members must have dues paid in full no less than 30 days prior to the entry deadline.
- Entry deadlines are non-negotiable, and entries received after a deadline will be invalid.
- Limit of three (3) works can be submitted.
- The entry fee is $10 per entry up to $30 for three (3) entries (non-refundable).
- Only work completed within the last two years may be submitted (work completed under the supervision of an instructor is not allowed).
- Work exhibited in previous AAWA juried shows may not be submitted.
- Work that is still wet will NOT be accepted, and any damages resulting from wet work will be charged to the artist.
- Entries will be juried by digital images, and 3D artists may include 2 images per piece, not to exceed a total of 6 images.
- Entries must be ready for presentation, and secure framing is a must. Glass/Plexiglas and hanging wire is to be used as appropriate.
- Artwork accepted into exhibits may not leave prior to the end of the exhibit.
- Every precaution will be taken to assure protection of artwork accepted into exhibits; however, AAWA and the galleries are not responsible for any loss or damage.
- Exhibiting artists must drop off and pick up their work according to printed schedules & storage is not available either before or after an exhibit.
- Galleries retain the right to photograph and reproduce artwork for publicity of our exhibits.
- Artwork pickup times are important. It’s the artists’ responsibility to make arrangements for pick up and to contact the exhibit coordinators of who is doing the pickup. If arrangements are not made, the abandoned art will be with the coordinators and a $5 daily fee will be paid when the art is finally picked up. “Arrangements” is the key word, please make sure they are made.